Friday, March 28, 2008

Camile Velasco Audition

Duration: 02:36 minutes
Upload Time: 2008-01-31 18:08:03

It's spelled 'Camile' not Camille.' So many of these alleged Velasco fans blindly defend her and spell it the wrong way. I hate that. Like when 'Across the Universe' came out, one guy (on IMDB) repeatedly bashed it cause they were remaking Beatles songs, and called it a travesty to the music world. Only problem was that this guy spelled it 'Beetles' all 7 times in his pointless rant. But enough about that, here's CAMILE. Words cannot describe my adoration for the husky/dark voiced women we are 'blessed' to hear on American Idol. They always stick out a little more, and I almost always prefer them a little more. Camile lives in Hawaii, yet is wearing that floral garland only tourists seem to get. I wonder if she wears it when throwing out the garbage or going to the super market. I don't know why, but Hawaii seems like a completely different country to me. Very foreign. But, you know you're on American Idol when 99% of the girls show us a little stomach, to get noticed, of course. But just as a back-up, she shows us a hint of her sports bra strap. And to show she feels the song, she lets her hands move around all over the place, up and down, left and right. Sometimes they just go back to holding eachother and placed on her thighs. She's nervous! Her voice gets really quivery and almost goat-like, a vibrato that unfortunately showed up way too often during the Top 12. But I'm not picking on her. Camile's one of my favorite contestants ever to perform on Idol. The tone more than makes up for everything. My God, it's beautiful. It's just hypnotic. I could listen to her sing forever.

Comments

KikoDawg  2008-03-25 03:44:53

I love Camile's voice but I'm still surprised she even made top 12 (Lisa was better). This girl could be great.. if she could EVER get over her nerves. I kept thinking it would happen, and it never did. I'd still like to see her get somewhere eventually though.
__________________________________________________
xboxlivebigcakes  2008-03-24 22:01:40

I loved her, but her performing skillz sucked.
__________________________________________________
jamibey1822  2008-03-24 16:50:37

me too!
__________________________________________________
oklahomaweather1  2008-03-15 14:46:18

I'm an American Idol fan and I can't believe I hadn't heard of this girl until today! My lands she can sing! I love her! She has a nice voice (and she's pretty) :)
__________________________________________________
lucyrocks954  2008-03-14 23:05:10

I loved her!
__________________________________________________

No comments: